Sunday 10 October 2010

Inda. Still Mumbai

Good news "Happy Cycles" did a great job on the forks of Anjas bike. They took the bent tube out straightened it and brazed it back in. They realigned the prongs incredibly well considering they had no real reference of what was the correct position. The ball race was crushed but they found us a nearly right imperial equivalent. I have rebuilt it and it feels good. I may have to file a bit more braze away to get the bearings to sit flatter but I'll do that on the road somewhere. Might even find a dob of new paint aswell. The rack broke as I bent it back into shape but that is easily fixed with a few old spokes and some binding.

The poor bike is dented and battered, I reckon it was dropped from at least 2 meters, but we will get the ferry to Mandwe tomorrow morning and start pedaling once more. Things might not be quite as straight as they were but as my brother always says "it's good enough for a country job" and that's where we're heading.
Meanwhile we are enjoying the street fairs and busy life of Mumbai (who would have believed it)?

I have loaded a few more photo's on the Iran posts (if anyone wants to see them).

Outside it is raining hard. We are off to wash some clothes and ride up Marine Drive.

No comments: